The Special Department of Federal Revenue of Brazil published ORDINANCE RFB #4261, from 2020, regulating the resumption of face-to-face service from 9/1/2020. For now, the face-to-face service is restricted to the provision of the following services:
- registration acts of individuals;
- issuance of a copy of documents related to the Personal Income Tax and the income in Declaration of the Income Tax Deducted at Source;
- receipt of documents, requirements, defenses, and resources whose protocol through the internet is optional or non-existent;
- issuance of collection documents not available on the RFB website, on the internet; and
- tax debts and pending consultations with individuals and the Individual Microentrepreneur (MEI).
Ordinance 543/2020 and its amendments that regulated the suspension of procedural deadlines were revoked, so they started to run again from 9/1/2020. Therefore, we recommend special attention to communications received from the Special Department of Federal Revenue of Brazil in the coming weeks.