+55 11 3041 5135

South African plans significant increase in fleet and nine new destinations at the beginning of 2025

South African Airways (SAA) interim CEO John Lamola has shared ambitious plans for the airline’s expansion in the near future. During an interview with Bloomberg on July 4, he revealed intentions to increase the number of the company’s aircraft and launch nine new destinations from Johannesburg by April 2025. The plans come after a failed attempt by the South African government to sell a 51% majority stake in South African Airways. After three years of negotiations, the deal did not materialize in March 2024. The proposal was for the government to maintain the remaining 49% and Takatso Consortium to become the new Strategic Employment Partner (SEP), holding 51% of the airline. Optimistically, Lamola highlighted to Bloomberg, “We are a company with positive cash flow, capable of surviving on our own for the next 12 to 18 months.” He also reinforced the strategy of differentiating SAA as a national carrier, offering the country connectivity with key investment and trade partners. – https://aeroin.net/south-african-planeja-aumento-relevante-na-frota-e-nove-destinos-novos-no-comeco-de-2025/